We would welcome new members to join our group.
If you would like to come along to the next forum, or if you have any questions or queries that you would like raised by the group, then please contact Claire Hand - Practice Manager on 01709 514 501
Your Representatives include;
- Janet Swift
- Jacqueline Wright
Patient Participation Group – Terms of Reference
This Patient Participation Group (PPG) will:
- Contribute to practice decision-making and will consult on service development and provision;
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary;
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the Practice’s viewpoint;
- Assist the practice and its patients by arranging voluntary groups/support within the community;
- Communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare;
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care;
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventative medicine;
- Influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally;
- Give feedback to NHS trusts on consultations;
- Fundraise for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the practice and/or fund the activities of the PPG; and
- Liaise with other PPGs in the area.
The Parkgate Medical Centre Mission Statement:
"The Patient Participation Group at Parkgate Medical Centre is a group of patients working with the local community to contribute and provide support to the Practice, covering both the Parkgate and Thorogate surgeries."
- To improve communication with patients by breaking down barriers, the practice and wider health community.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of services for patients.
- Build and maintain a relationship between the practice staff and patients.
PPG Annual Report & Action Plan
PPG Annual Report & Action Plan 2014-15
2013-2014 Questionnaire Results
Patient Group Questionnaire 2013
Patient Group Questionnaire 2012
Patient Group Questionnaire Results 2012
Patient Group Questionnaire 2011
Patient Group Questionnaire Results 2011 (PDF, 191KB)
Click here to view the PPG Minutes